Protecting Your Password
We recommend that you take some time to read and follow the following security steps:
- Password should be at least 6 digits or 6 alphanumeric characters
- Do not repeat the same digit or character more than once in your Password
- Do not use Password based on your Username or personal information such as NRIC, phone number, birth dates, etc.
- Keep your Password confidential at all times and do not divulge it to anyone, even if they claim to be a staff of NETS
Protecting Your Access to NETS' Secured Websites
- Check that NETS websites address changes from http:// to https:// and a security icon (symbolized like a lock or key) appears at the bottom status bar of the browser
- Check the authenticity of the NETS websites by comparing the website address and the NETS name in its security certificate (by double-clicking on the security icon)
- Terminate the login session if SSL certificate does not belong to NETS or a warning is given to this effect and inform NETS immediately
- Check that the downloaded applet/midlet is digitally signed by NETS
- Check your accounts and transactions on a regular basis and inform NETS immediately if there is any discrepancy.
- Ensure that each payment session, the cache and history are cleared. This will prevent unauthorized users from performing browser caching for sensitive data.
- Log off your online session and turn off your computer when not in use
- Do switch off the modem or disconnect the Internet connection if there is no need to access the Internet
- Always use the latest recommended browser, especially those that support 128-bit encryption with the latest patches
Protecting Your Computer
- Install the latest anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software
- Update your anti-virus, operating system and firewall software with security patches or newer versions on a regular basis.
- Remove file and printer sharing from PC when connected to internet.
- Make regular backup of your critical data
- Do consider the use of encryption software to protect highly sensitive data
- Do not install software or run programs of unknown origin
- Do not open email attachments from strangers
- Delete junk/chain emails that come from unknown sources
- Do not allow anyone to keep, use or tamper with OTP security token.
- Do not reveal the OTP generated by security token to anyone.
- Do not divulge the serial number of the security token to anyone
NETS is always committed to provide a secure environment to protect your personal or organisational data. We utilise the following security solutions:
- Firewalls to provide layers of protection to our systems.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) communication to secure data transmission over the Internet.
- All users must be authenticated via username and password/PIN before granted any authorized login access to our websites.
- Internet portals will logout the authenticated session after period of inactivity.