- Get a $0.50 discount off every NETS QR code transaction every Wed and Fri at participating stalls, subject to minimum spend of $2 per transaction.
- Third run of “Go Cashless” campaign runs every Wednesday and Friday from now until November at more than 650 stalls across 14 campus canteens
- Past two campaigns show that more diners are now adopting cashless payment – even coffee shops not participating in promotion are seeing cashless transactions double in volume.
Singapore, 14 September 2018 — Singapore’s largest payments network, NETS, is bringing back its popular “Go Cashless” promotion, this time to tertiary campus canteens in Singapore. From now until November 2018, diners can receive a $0.50 discount off every NETS QR code transaction every Wednesday and Friday at participating campus canteen stalls, subject to a minimum spending of $2 per transaction.
In total, the promotion will see more than 650 campus canteen stalls offering discounts to diners who choose to make NETS QR code payment. This also marks the first time that NETS is offering discounts on Fridays, on top of its usual ‘WedNETSday’ promotions.
Diners at each of the participating campus canteens will be able to enjoy the discounts over a two-month promotional period.
The promotion will run from September to October 2018, every Wednesday and Friday at the following canteens:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU) /National Institute of Education (NIE)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) / Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
The promotion will be held from October to November 2018, every Wednesday and Friday at these canteens:
- Singapore Polytechnic (SP)
- Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP)
- Republic Polytechnic (RP)
- Temasek Polytechnic (TP)
- Institute of Technical Education College West (ITE College West)
- Institute of Technical Education College East (ITE College East)
- Institute of Technical Education College Central (ITE College Central)
This is the third time that NETS is running the “Go Cashless” promotion this year due to strong interest from diners and the continuous support from hawkers.
The first round of the “Go Cashless” promotion was held from April to May 2018 and included 22 participating hawker centres and canteens. The number of NETS QR code transactions jumped 20 times during the promotional period.
The second promotion from July to August 2018 featured a total of 30 hawker centres, 2 JTC canteens and 28 tertiary campus canteens. To offer diners more choices, NETS also roped in 36 coffee shops to take part in the “Go Cashless” promotion for the first time.
NETS has noticed that diners themselves are also more open to using cashless payment – even when there isn’t any promotion.
For example, even though coffee shops did not take part in the first campaign from April to May, the number of NETS QR code transactions at coffee shops doubled during the promotional period. When the 36 coffee shops joined in the second campaign from July to August, the QR code transaction volume at coffee shops doubled yet again.
“It’s natural to see transaction volumes jump whenever we run a promotion. What we found this time, was that the jump in cashless transactions was even true of coffee shops which did not take part in our promotion. That shows that diners are becoming more accustomed to e-payments and is proof that our efforts in driving cashless payments is paying off,” said Mr Ang Sok Hong, Head of Sales, NETS.
As part of the new “Go Cashless” promotion, NETS is also offering incentives to stallholders. One lucky hawker from each canteen will stand to win $88 every week when they accept NETS QR code payments during the promotional period.
The NETS QR code, which is part of SGQR, is able to accept payments from customers using NETSPay, DBS’ PayLah, OCBC’s Pay Anyone or UOB’s Mighty mobile apps. There are currently more than 60,000 NETS QR code acceptance points across the island.
More details on the promotion can be found at www.nets.com.sg/gocashless.