- Employment type: Full-Time
- Job Type: 1 Year Contract
The ETL Developer will be responsible for development of ETL & BI solutions to complement existing or new exclusively In-house developed systems and support of front and back office systems. This individual will also apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve any data warehouse issues.
- The ETL developer develops and implements initiatives to meet the Information Delivery needs of the business intelligence systems,
- The candidate will work with both functional and technical personnel, has in-depth knowledge of ETL and BI information delivery/presentation methodology and expertise in Informatica and SAP BO tool sets.
- The candidate will be responsible for BI requirements gathering, design, development and support for Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting solutions to meet the business needs
- Design and develop reports, dashboards, delivery (distribution), scheduling and retention policy for reports
- Analyze Information requirements with business and provide various alternatives taking into consideration the user requirement the delivery mechanism capability and the design of the underlying BI solution
- Formulate Information Delivery and delivery framework, taking into consideration policies and working with the other team member to ensure adherence to these on any initiatives
- Adhere to software development standards, procedures and techniques.
- Perform level 1 & 2 support to users on Business Objects (4.2 and above) & Informatica Power Center (9.5 and above) · Level 1 support includes but not limited to – User Administration, System Health Monitoring, Scheduled Jobs monitoring, Incidents Resolution · Level 2 support includes but not limited to – Analyze issues / problems to understand the root cause, provide solution to resolve the problem.
- Routine tasks : Support standard changes (Adhoc Reports, Configuration changes)
- Collaborate effectively with users, project managers, business analysts, testers and other team members
- Participate in all development Lifecycle processes
- Work closely with users to maintain and troubleshoot, enhance BI functionality and deliver.
- Must be self-directed/self-motivated and take the accountability of own progress
- Must be able to manage individual workload and deliver to enhancements/initiatives milestones.
- Must be able to work within the context of the team, giving and taking advice
- Incorporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Must have reasonable competency in Linux and Windows commands and scripts
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related
- Experience in the development of Business Information strategies using Informatica ETL and Business Objects product suite (Business Objects, Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Crystal reports, Data Services and etc)
- Experience in information systems applications and data warehouses.
- In-depth experiences with Universe design, ad-hoc reports, standard reports, dashboard.
- Experience with Informatica and SAP BO administration, security, and backup and restore process
- A strong knowledge of business intelligence design concepts, with a concentration in dimensional modelling in relational database environments
- Must demonstrate experience in dimensional modelling, ETL design and development using Informatica, Business Objects Universe
- Experience with Informatica ETL Data Services
- Proven track record in dealing with medium - large data warehouses
- Candidate will be expected to partner and influence the Data architect/ Data warehouse modeller to ensure performance throughput and other systemic requirements
- Possess the ability to balance short-term business needs and deliverables with long term design implications
- A strong working knowledge of SQL, and experience with Oracle 11g.
- Applicant should also demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead small to complex requirements gathering and design sessions in front of audiences
- Ability to work effectively as individual or with a team to understand and interpret requirements leading to technical implementation.
- Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure, meet deadlines, multitask and to prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong business, analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Strong Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
- Interaction with Business users and IT team is expected
- Demonstrate motivation to learn new skills and technologies
- Meticulous in nature, committed and see things through end to end
Tiong Bahru 5 days work week